Traces of the past

The Guardhouse,

at Trois Pierres was built in 1744. The building was part of a vast defensive system instigated by Louis XVI who formed coast guard companies and stationed batteries and guardhouses along the whole of Brittany's coast.

The cannonball oven

was completed in 1794: the cannonballes were heated until they were red-hot so they could set enemy ships on fire!

The lifeboat Station

operated from 1935 to 1966. Since 1990, the motor vessel Plancoët (SNS 238), based in the port, has been responsible for sea rescues.

A trail with interpretative panels

along the Cap d'Erquy allows visitors to learn about the quarry work.

Cape of Erquy